PhotoShelter member and adventure photographer Brett Wilhelm recently published on his…
By now you know that on March 24, 2012, we’re kicking off the first phase in a brand new PhotoShelter (and if you don’t, be sure to check out all the details here). This first phase marks the start of a year-long upgrade of our service, bringing you advances in photo hosting and the best photography websites. We’re starting with easier, faster image management; a new set of online delivery tools; more flexible viewing and access permissions; and much more.
In addition to our preview webinars on Tuesday, March 20 @ 11am, 2pm & 4pm EDT of the entire set of upgrades, we’re starting to share a few sneak peeks of some of the most exciting new features and processes. We want you to be as prepared as possible for the necessary adjustments to your workflow. In this preview video #1, we give you the new and improved image uploader. Watch how Allen can simply drag & drop images from his desktop, allowing him to publish images in a matter of minutes.
Additional feature specs of the new image uploader include:
- A much sleeker HTML5 system with pipelined uploading.
- Simultaneously processes 3 images at a time for faster workflow.
- Drag and drop images from your desktop right into the browser window.
- Upload images directly to selected galleries for faster publishing.
- Continue uploading directly via FTP, Lightroom, Photo Mechanic, Aperture, or the traditional desktop uploader and simple uploader.
Be on the lookout for more preview videos this week – and be sure to sign up for one of our preview webinars on Tuesday, March 20 @ 11am, 2pm or 4pm EDT. The first phase in a brand new PhotoShelter will make radical improvements to the way you work, so it’s important that you’re prepared for the coming changes before the March 24th launch.