What Photo Buyer Want: Forbes Magazine’s Senior Photo Editor, Michele Hadlow
Tue, Apr 17, 2012 4:00 PM – 5:00 PM EDT
Mo’ money, mo’ photos! Ok, so that might not be the official slogan of Forbes magazine, but while other publications have downsized their photography, Forbes is one publication that continues to invest in high-quality imagery.
If you’re not familiar with their content, the magazine is famous for its lists: World’s Billionaires, World’s Most Powerful People, America’s Best Small Business, etc. Alongside those lists are in-depth feature stories on CEOs, entrepreneurs, business owners, and more. So when it comes to photography, emotive, sharp, and engaging and portraits are essential to completing the story.
Our webinar guest will be Forbes‘ Senior Photo Editor, Michele Hadlow, who’s been at the magazine for over 14 years. Michele can speak to over two decades of work in the photography business, and she’ll discuss:
- What makes a stellar portrait, and what’s good enough to be featured on the magazine cover.
- Best practices for photographing high profile subjects.
- The most effective ways for up-and-coming photographers to get noticed by photo editors from top tier publications.
- How editorial photography has changed over the past 10+ years, and what photographers can do to keep up with their clients’ requests and needs.
- Plus more on what it’s like to work for Forbes.