Photographer Daniel Shea recently penned an op/ed on sexism in…
According to former ASMP President and Pittsburgh-based photographer Richard Kelly, the way to avoid image piracy is to put your photos in a black box in your office and never show them to anyone. But that’s not why we’re photographers. Today there’s a balancing act between protecting your photos and sharing – and selling – them with the world.
In this live webinar on Tuesday, August 27th at 4pm ET, Richard will discuss how photographers can use copyright law to their business’ advantage. He’ll cover:
- Determining the most profitable image licensing model for your business
- Negotiating a fair price with clients
- Must-do tactics for protecting your images online
- Copyright registration and creative commons
- Emerging technologies that are helping photographers protect their work
Despite the pressure to turn over your work’s rights for less and less money, you can actually use technology to track and monetize your copyright.
Also check out our Guide to Copyright for more information on navigating the world of copyright law.