You might have noticed that PhotoShelter looks a little different. We recently redesigned the public side of the site based on a few (obvious) observations:
- Everyone has larger monitors than they did back in the mid 90s
- Vertical space is more precious than horizontal space
- The site has grown tremendously in the past year
- Iconography can be very useful in interface design
- This blog is one of the top 50 read blogs on the Internet
Ok, I totally made up that last point. Nonetheless, the other observations withstanding, we decided that it was time to get with the times, and clean up some of the design to make PhotoShelter not only look better, but easier to use.
We’re going to continue to make tweaks to the user interface, as always, based on feedback we receive. And as we see more shifts in the way that people use the Internet, you can be assured that we’ll make the necessary changes to the application.