We’re doing something big this September, and we definitely want you there. We’re hosting a new event called Luminance 2012 on September 12 – 13 in New York City. It’s a jam-packed 2-day conference that will bring together major thought leaders to explore this new era of photography, and how the industry has been affected by business, technology, and culture. A photography event like this has never been done before.
Luminance speakers are leaders from Facebook, Google, Lytro, Behance, 20×200, Christie’s, Hipstamatic, and many more. If you’re a photographer, technologist, designer, or care about the direction of photography, this event is right up your alley.
Renowned photographers Joe McNally, Zack Arias, Brian Smith, and Robert Seale are also hosting a limited attendance photographer workshop on September 11, 2012. The conference will end on the evening of September 12th with the highly anticipated Luminance #ilovephotography party because well, we love photography. To see the full rundown for Luminance 2012, check this out.
We thought you might. Registration is filling up fast, but enter our contest and win tickets. Just answer one question: “Why do you love photography?” We’ll be looking for the most inspiring and creative responses. Every week, we’ll pick 3 lucky winners to win 2 tickets each to the event, plus the #ilovephotography party. Winners will be announced every week.
- Share this link on your Facebook page, tweet @photoshelter, or hit the ‘Like’ button above to help spread the word and let people know you’re excited for the event. Then,
- Post your response to “Why do you love photography?” as a comment below in this blog. Be sure to enter your full name and website in the comment fields provided so we can contact you.
- We ask that contestants share this blog post link on their Facebook page, on Twitter by tweeting @photoshelter, or by hitting the ‘Like’ button above.
- Contestants must submit their response to “Why do you love photography?” as a blog comment on this post.
- PhotoShelter will announce the winner every Thursday on PhotoShelter’s Facebook and Twitter page. We’ll also shoot the winners an email to let them know it’s their lucky day.
- Contest ends on Thursday, September 6, 2012