FotoVisura is known as a self-publishing platform where art and documentary photographers can share and promote their work through images, video, audio, and text. The site also acts as a search engine for editors and curators who can browse the public archive for work. You’ve likely heard of Visura Magazine’s Your View and Visura Spotlight, as well as The FotoVisura Grant that recognizes outstanding personal projects worldwide.
This summer, FotoVisura is hosting a unique 3-day intensive workshop in Stowe, Vermont that features an impressive list of guest editors. The workshop includes editing, sequencing, design layout, and final presentation. Photographers will be paired with a guest editor in one-on-one and group sessions to help consult photographers on their goals – whether it’s a photo essay, portfolio, multimedia, book or exhibition.
The guest editor list covers a range of publications and industries, and spots are filling up fast. The editors include:
- Elizabeth Cheng Krist: Senior Photo Editor, National Geographic Magazine
- Sam Barzilay: Creative Director, United Photo Industries
- Angelika Hala: Photo Editor, Stern Magazine
- James Estrin: Co-Editor, New York Times Lens Blog
- Whitney Johnson: Director of Photography, The New Yorker
- Denise Wolff: Senior Photobook Editor, Aperture
- Emily Keegin: Deputy Photo Editor of Bloomberg Businessweek Magazine
- William A. Ewing: Directorial of Curatorial Projects for Thames & Hudson
- Graham Letorney: Co-Founder, Web Producer, FotoVisura, Inc.
Every editor hosts a different weekend, so check out the schedule to match your availability with your favorite editor. Accommodations, food, and transportation are included in the ticket price.
For more information, visit www.fotovisura.com/features/workshops.