Last year, PhotoShelter took a big step forward in developing a publish service for Adobe Lightroom. It was a great start, but we knew it was only the beginning. Today we’re happy to reveal version 5.2, which is jam-packed with new features to help streamline your workflow even more and make uploading and edits as effortless as possible.
For those of you who use Lightroom but tend to upload via one of our other methods, let me explain what makes the Lightroom publish service different. For starters, you can link your images in Lightroom with your images in PhotoShelter such that any change you make in Lightroom will automatically be reflected in your PhotoShelter archive. It’s a major time (and space) saver. You’re also able to make a lot of changes that you would otherwise need to do in your Image Browser, right from lightroom. Check out our last release to see the breakdown.
Now, without further delay, let me introduce you to the brand spankin’ new Adobe Lightroom publish service!
Version 5.2 feature breakdown:
- Ability to reassociate images on PhotoShelter with the original files in Lightroom even if the files were uploaded outside of the publish service
- Detection for when an edit in Lightroom requires the file to be re-uploaded to PhotoShelter, or if only the metadata should be updated (a huge time-saver)
- See if an image already exists on PhotoShelter and find the PhotoShelter image ID
- Better progress indicators during sync and publish
- Option to log errors to a file that can be sent to our Client Services team for troubleshooting
- Numerous bug fixes and stability improvements
To download your copy and see step-by-step installation instructions, visit our Support Center.
- You should create a backup of your Lightroom catalog(s) before installing new plugins
- You can replace the existing plugin file with this version (there is no need to uninstall)
Your feedback and support has been incredibly instrumental in this release. Without your input, many of these changes would not have happened, so we want to extend our thanks and gratitude. Thank you for your active role in making PhotoShelter better every day.
We’d also love your continued feedback, so feel free to send any thoughts directly to our Product Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.