At PhotoShelter, we love how diverse our members are. This month’s shout-outs feature photographers from all over the world, shooting everything from the landscapes of rural Scotland to divers in the Great Barrier Reef. Check out their work and how they’ve set up their sites. We think you’ll be inspired!
- Name: Chris Frear
- PhotoShelter Template: East
- Member since: March 26, 2016
- Location: Southwest Scotland, but works across the UK
- Specialty and background: Chris Frear has been a freelance Rural Photojournalist for more than 10 years. Rural photography is an area that combines portraiture, landscape, animals and wildlife. It’s the absolute opposite of what you’ll see in the latest issue of any fashion magazine, and about as far removed from the latest celebrity, exotic location or glamorous red carpet event as you can get. He photographs people, often on location, in all kinds of weather and always without make-up. He’s been asked on occasion by clients where he gets the actors or the sets used in his portraits, and they are astonished when he replies that the people are real and the locations are too!
Featured image by Chris Frear
- Name: Sandra Tinari
- PhotoShelter Template: East
- Member since: March 24, 2016
- Location: Dubai, United Arab Emirates
- Specialty and background: Sandra Tinari has spent half her life documenting people and their cities. The Australian journalist and photographer studied photojournalism at university and began her career ‘on the beat’ in the newsrooms of the country’s newspapers, shooting film and enthralled by the clanging of the old printing presses. She left the land down under in 2001, seeking adventure with her surfing buddies and the hope of earning a little cash along the way. Sandra has since lived and worked abroad in London, Tuscany, southern Portugal, Stockholm and now Dubai in the Middle East. Her work focuses on grassroots creative entrepreneurs—designers, makers and artisans—the beating heart of our towns and cities. Sandra now shoots digital and freelances for various international print media and corporations. In 2015, she founded Made Journal, a design blog sharing conversations with creatives from the Middle East and beyond.
- Name: Martin Linder
- PhotoShelter Template: Element
- Member since: March 30, 2016
- Location: Stockholm, Sweden
- Specialty and background: Martin Linder is a passionate scuba diver and underwater photographer. He is mostly fascinated by macro subjects, especially Nudibranchs, but also shoots a fair bit of wide-angle images. His ambition is to inspire more people to start diving and thereby learning how to respect and protect the marine eco-system. Having travelled all over the world and lived in Europe, Asia and Australia, Martin has dived on all continents except Antarctica. His favorite dive sites are in Egypt and Indonesia.
Ready to begin building your portfolio? Sign up for a free trial of PhotoShelter today.