We’ve got some great new members to share with you this month. They wasted no time in setting up their portfolios and they’ve got some great photography, too. Looking good!
featured image: © Avi Gerver
- Name: Aaron Smalls
- PhotoShelter Template: Horizon
- Member since: June 6, 2016
- Location: Columbia, South Carolina
- Specialty and background: Aaron Smalls specializes in portrait and fashion work. His technique is to create a stunning visual that also speaks to simplicity. He believes that sometimes the most simple approach can produce the most amazing results. Aaron has a background in art and design. First picking up a sketch pad at a very young age, he fell in love with creating memories and moments similarly to how he does now with his camera. Aaron’s logo speaks to his simple approach, just three geometric shapes with distinct shapes and contrast that each make a bold statement on their own. That’s how he wants his work to be seen—as collectively unique but each piece standing out on its own.
- Name: Mike Sanchez
- PhotoShelter Template: Downtown
- Member since: May 16, 2016
- Location: San Francisco
- Specialty and background: Mike Sanchez is a San Francisco based photographer specializing in Interiors, Architecture, Product, and Fine Art Photography. When not photographing interiors or products Mike enjoys wandering the streets of San Francisco creating conceptual photo series. Growing up in Albuquerque, New Mexico Mike refined his passion for photography by attending the University of New Mexico. While pursuing his BFA, Mike was busy documenting the people and places that make up Albuquerque. This work later earned him a contract displaying his photography in an 18-year permanent exhibition at the Albuquerque Museum of Art & History. Though rooted in Photojournalism and Fine Art Photography, Mike enjoys applying his same techniques to interiors, products and architecture. Each image is precisely crafted with great attention paid to detail. Mike strives to bring his vision, vibrancy, and technique to every project he works on.
- Name: Avi Gerver
- PhotoShelter Template: Shuffle
- Member since: June 3, 2016
- Location: New York City and Washington, D.C.
- Specialty and background: Since graduating from NYU’s Tisch School of the Arts in 2005, Avi Gerver has developed into one of New York City and Washington D.C.’s premiere event, entertainment and sports photographers. His subjects have ranged from Paul McCartney to the Dalai Lama, the Radio City Rockettes to Carmelo Anthony, President Clinton to Oprah and everyone in between. Whether he’s shooting the finish line of the New York City Marathon in the fall, basketball and hockey games in the winter, the Tony Awards in the spring, or a large corporate event with over 10,000 guests in the summer, Avi keeps busy year-round at some of the biggest events New York and D.C. have to offer. His photos have appeared in numerous major publications, including The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, USA Today and Sports Illustrated.
- Name: Liliana Jaén Russo
- PhotoShelter Template: Marquee
- Member since: June 14, 2016
- Location: Panama
- Specialty and background: Liliana Jaén Russo is a graphic designer, but discovered photography five years ago while recovering from a brain aneurysm. She used photography to find peace in those moments. Today she is fully recovered and enjoying the love she feels for this art everyday, sharing the way she sees and feels her surroundings. She loves photographing landscapes, cities, long exposure photography and creating still life compositions.
Not a PhotoShelter member? Try us free and start building your new portfolio today.