In episode 2 of our new podcast, Vision Slightly Blurred, Sarah and I talk about the world of photo contests. Have we entered them before? Yes. Have we won? No. Does that make us bitter? Nope! But that still doesn’t mean that photo contests are the best way for photographers to market themselves.
Don’t have time for the full pod? Catch a brief, video-enabled version on IGTV from our Instagram account.
Part of the conversation revolves around PhotoShelter’s annual Photographer’s Guide to Photo Contests, and how our calculus for evaluating contests has changed over the years. (hint: it’s all about the cash).
Interested in learning more about the topic? Here is our show reading list:
- PDN Photo Annual
- The Photographer’s Guide to Photo Contests
- PDN’s 30
- Nikon’s Small World
- Red Bull Illume
- Consider the Photo Contest Jury
- The Gender of a Photographer is Irrelevant (Until You Make Them the Face of Your Company)
- On Photo Contest Controversy and Criticism
- New York’s Most Eligible Bachelor is This Beautiful Duck
- Audubon Photography Awards