In traditional photography, filters were used to block certain frequencies of light or to create in-camera effects like starbursts or soft focus. But in the age of computational photography, “filters” offer a stunning array of creative choices that can simulate film stock, swap your face, or apply other forms of augmented reality to significantly alter your appearance.
In this episode of Vision Slightly Blurred, Sarah and Allen give you the low down on the latest and greatest options to spice up your photos. #nofilter
Interested in learning more about the topic? Here is our show reading list:
- How the Bahtinov filter helps you focus
- Remember Hipstamatic? It’s Still Alive
- Skeumorphism is Dead! Long Live Skeumorphism
- How to Tell If Your Friends are #NoFilter Fakers on Instagram
- Snapchat Face Lenses & World Lenses
- China’s Selfie Obsession
- Selfie face distortion is driving people to get nose jobs
- The Future of Instagram Face Filters is Glossy, Metallic, and Surreal
- What’s the Deal With Huji Cam, The Year’s Trendiest Photo App?