With college costs skyrocketing and uncertainty around job prospects, more students are contemplating whether 4 years of photo school makes financial sense. In the age of YouTube, you can learn virtually any photo technique – from capture to post processing – online, and often for free. Content providers are publishing materials at an unprecedented pace, and making a living while doing it.
In this episode of Vision Slightly Blurred, Sarah and Allen contemplate a college-free world for professional photographers while profiling some of the YouTube personalities that are leading the way in the photo industry.
We mention the following photographers, articles, and websites in this episode:
- Meet the 7 Most Popular Search Engines in the World
- LinkedIn Learning (formerly Lynda.com)
- CreativeLive (@creativelive)
- Mango Street (@mangostreetlab)
- Jared Polin/Fro Knows Photo (@jaredpolin)
- Tony & Chelsea Northrup (@tonynorthrup)
- Zoë Noble (@zonophoto)
- Jessica Kobeissi (@jessicakobeissi)
- Fstoppers (@officialfstoppers)
- Peter McKinnon (@petermckinnon)
- PhotoPills (@photopills)
- Negative Feedback (@negativefb)
- VaynerMedia (@garyvee)
- Phlearn (@phlearn)
- Play a YouTube video at different speeds
And you can always view a version of this podcast by following us on Instagram and watching our IGTV channel.