Like the senior school photo, the prom photo is a rite of passage for most American teens. The traditional posed couple’s photo has given way to trends like professional pre-prom photo, and the niche has been tackled by esteemed photographers Aristede Economopoulos, Gillian Laub, Mary Ellen Mark.
In this episode of Vision Slightly Blurred, Sarah and Allen delve into the world of prom, and even share some of their own prom photos.
We mention the following photographers, articles, and websites in this episode:
- More teens splurging on pre-prom photos (via TODAY)
- How Much Prom Costs
- Aristede Economopoulous’ Prom Night (@aeconomopoulos)
- Gillian Laub’s Southern Rites (@gigilaub)
- Mary Ellen Mark’s Prom (@maryellenmarkfoundation) (via NYT)
- Zombies Photo Bomb Prom Photo
- Jerry Seinfeld Photo Bombs Daughter’s Prom Photo
And you can always view a version of this podcast by following us on Instagram and watching our IGTV channel.