Vision Slightly Blurred is recording live from Photoville 2019 at Brooklyn Bridge Park!
For 20 years, PDN’s 30 has been setting the bar for emerging talent within the world of photography. As a part of their 20th anniversary celebration, they’ve set up a container at featuring the work of both the 2019 cohort, as well as many past winners.
Holly Hughes, PDN’s long-time editor-in-chief and photographer Jessica Pettway join Sarah and Allen in St. Ann’s Warehouse to talk about the nomination and selection process for PDN’s 30 and how winning the accolade can change the trajectory of a career.
We mention the following photographers, articles, and websites in this episode:
- Photoville NYC 2019 (@photoville)
- PDN’s 30
- Holly Hughes
- Jessica Pettway (@jesspettway)
- Elizabeth Renstrom (@elizabethrenstrom)
- Women Photograph (@womenphotograph)
- Lynsey Addario (@lynseyaddario)
- Latoya Ruby Frazier
- Elinor Carucci (@elinorcarucci)
- Midlife by Elinor Carucci
- Quote of the day: “The ‘gram isn’t paying me!” – Jess Pettway
And you can always view a version of this podcast by following us on Instagram and watching our IGTV channel.