Grocery store checkout lines are lined with magazines using photos by the paparazzi to grab our attention and hopefully add one more item to our cart. Although their tactics can be questionable, there’s no doubt that photographs (and video) taken by paparazzi have been a crucial chapter in photographic history – even more so in the U.S. where celebrity culture dominates everything from social media to the Presidency.
In this episode of Vision Slightly Blurred, Sarah and Allen discuss icons like Ron Galella, contemplate paparazzi and celebrities suing one another, and remind all photographers to register their copyright! What’s your favorite paparazzi photo of all time? Let us know in the comments!
We mention the following photographers, articles, and websites in this episode:
- Should Allen wear make-up on IGTV?
- Naomi Fry asks “What’s the most memorable photo of a celeb?” (@frynaomifry)
- Ron Galella (@ron_galella)
- Ron Galella has met every celebrity and has the photos (and stitches) to prove it (@thefacemagazine)
- Tazio Secchiaroli, the Model for ‘Paparazzo,’ Dies at 73
- Bella Thorne Gave Her Schedule to Paparazzi to More Photo Ops
- Wait, Is Kylie Jenner Staging Her Paparazzi Pics?
- At 21, Kylie Jenner Becomes The Youngest Self-Made Billionaire Ever
- The Kardashians’ Instagram Fan Accounts Are Embroiled in a Copyright Mess
- Ariana Grande is the Latest Celebrity to Be Sued for Posting Photos of Herself on Instagram (@arianagrande)
- Ariana Grande Strikes Back at ‘Greedy’ Photogs with Full Copyright Grab
- Ariana Grande apologizes and explains doughnut licking
- Gigi Hadid Beats Instagram Post Copyright Lawsuit (@gigihadid)
- NFL Star Alleges in Lawsuit That Paparazzi Agency Is Extorting Him and Other Celebrities (@obj)
- Odell Beckham Jr. agrees to contract with Giants to become NFL’s highest-paid wide receiver
- Splash News (@splashnews)
- Prince Harry says same paparazzi who chased Diana’s car into Paris tunnel took photos of her ‘dying in back seat’
- Ben Affleck and Son Samuel Hang Out at the Happiest Place on Earth — Disneyland!
And you can always view a version of this podcast by following us on Instagram and watching our IGTV channel.