Photographers often fault the lack of gear as an excuse for why they don’t take better photos. But Allen argues that sometimes acquiring more gear can actually motivate you to photograph more. As he battles his current bout of Gear Acquisition Syndrome, he coerced Sarah to begrudgingly talk about gear for a whole episode!
What piece of gear motivated you to shoot more and better? And what purchased do you regret? Is talking about gear a gendered activity? And how many clouds need to be in the sky to prevent Allen from getting up early to do a timelapse?
We mention the following photographers, articles, and websites in this episode:
- Photography At The Summit Nature & Conservation Workshop (@summitworkshops)
- Tamron SP 150-600mm f/5.6-6.3 Di VC USD G2 (@TamronUSA)
- Edelkrone HeadONE (@edelkrone)
- Profoto (@profotoglobal)
- Fuji Instax (@fujifilm_northamerica)
- Leica Q (@leicacamerausa)
And you can always view a version of this podcast by following us on Instagram and watching our IGTV channel.