Reuters is the first major wire service to publish a year-end “best of” photo gallery. The photos are an incredible collection of well-composed images that convey so many of the seminal moments of the year including COVID-19, protests, wildfires, and more – but the images are highly compressed and the presentation doesn’t do the photos justice.
We mention the following photographers, articles, and websites in this episode:
- AZ Republic photographer Patrick Breen recounts being threatened for taking photos at a baseball tournament
- Do These AI-Created Fake People Look Real to You? (via NYT)
- Top Shots From the 2020 International Landscape Photographer of the Year (via The Atlantic)
- The International Landscape Photographer of the Year
- Reuters Pictures of the year 2020
- Jose Cabezas (@cabezasphoto)
- Jorge Silva (@jgesilva)
- Laura Dern Plays a Depressed Suburban Housewife in a New Photo Memoir (via NewYorker)
- Jona Frank: Between Reality and Fantasy (via NYT)
- 27 Must-Have Aperture Books for Everyone on Your Holiday Gift List
- Happy Thanksgiving!