Photographer Lynn Goldsmith won a huge victory against the Andy Warhol Foundation last week when the 2nd Court of Appeals declared that the Foundation had infringed her copyright when it licensed artwork based on her photo of Prince in 2016. Sarah and Allen sort out some of the legal details surrounding the 65 page opinion.
Also: amazing photos of the Ever Given blocking the Suez Canal, renown art buyer Daniel Wolf passes away, photojournalist John Moore is denied access at the border after a decade of covering it, time to delete the Dispo app from your iPhone, and hey! It’s our 100th episode (not that we were counting).
We mention the following photographers, articles, and websites in this episode:
- Lynn Goldsmith’s Victory Against the Warhol Foundation is Huge for Photographers
- The Ship Stuck in the Suez Canal Is Glorious (via The Atlantic)
- Satellite images from MAXAR
- This meme pretty much sums up my interest in the boat
- Daniel Wolf, 65, Dies; Helped Create a Market for Art Photography (via NYT)
- I’m a photojournalist. Why is the administration banning me from border facilities? (John Moore via WashPo)
- Undocumented: Immigration and the Militarization of the US/Mexico Border (2018)
- News Photographer transitions from PDF format; will continue featuring original content on NPPA.org
- Brands Are Cutting Ties With David Dobrik Following Allegations Of Misconduct Against The Vlog Squad (via BuzzFeed)