While most ex-Presidents opt for lengthy memoirs, Donald Trump decided on a photo book as the first post-White House tome. A new publishing company formed by his son, Donald Trump Jr, will start selling “President Trump’s Official Photo Book” starting next month for $74.99.
Also on the show: we celebrate the lives of photojournalist Tom Stoddart and music photographer Mick Rock – both of whom passed away in the past week, Allen interviews Shaun Connell and Nana Kofi Acquah about the winning photo from the Environmental Photographer of the Year, and Leica and Vans team up to produce a checkerboard camera.
We mention the following photographers, articles, and websites in this episode:
- Tom Stoddart, war photographer and globetrotting photojournalist, dies at 67 (via WashPo)
- Photojournalist Tom Stoddart revisits the Berlin Wall (via Daily Mail)
- Berlin Wall to Blair’s battlebus – Tom Stoddart’s career in pictures (via The Guardian)
- Mick Rock, British photographer known as ‘The Man Who Shot the Seventies,’ dead at 72 (via DPReview)
- Mick Rock obituary (via The Guardian)
- Winning Team Publishing “Our Journey Together”
- On the Depiction of Africans in Photo Contests
- Leica and Vans Unveil a New Dub-7 Camera With Checkerboard Design