The end of the year means photo compilations, and Sarah and Allen go through some of their favorites from the Los Angeles Times and the New York Times with work by Allen Schaben, Francine Orr, Marcus Yam, Kent Nishimura, Wally Skald, Jay L. Clendenin, Ashley Gilbertson, Brenda Ann Kenneally, Sergey Ponomarev, Ryan Christopher Jones, Kholook Eid, Sandy Kim, Adam Ferguson, Kenny Houston, Michael Cialgo and more!
Plus Instagram allows users to prevent embedding, and Lina Scheynius wonders why Instagram allows her images to be stolen. Happy Holidays, and here’s to a better 2022!
We mention the following photographers, articles, and websites in this episode:
- Top 2021 photos: Times photographers reflect (via LA Times)
- One Tiny Owl: Otherworldly Photos From California’s Woolsey Fire (via NPR)
- The Year in Pictures 2021 (via NYT)
- Instagram Users Can Now Prevent Others from Embedding Their Photos (via PetaPixel)
- Instagram’s Moral Imperative
- Why Does Instagram Keep Allowing My Images to Be Stolen? (via Hyperallergic)
Photo of the Empire State Building by Allen Murabayashi