FlakPhoto’s Andy Adams asked his followers for their website URLs early this month, and was surprised to find that a number of them didn’t have a website. Instagram has become the dominant way to follow photographers , but that doesn’t mean it’s a good replacement for a website. In this episode of Vision Slightly Blurred, Sarah and Allen discuss the limitations of social media, and the value of building your brand and SEO through your own website.
We mention the following photographers, articles, and websites in this episode:
- Andy Adams asks for links to photographer websites
- He’s surprised that many photographers don’t have websites
- PhotoShelter’s Photographer’s Guide to SEO (free download)
- Podcast: Do You Still Need a Photo Website in 2019?
- Google’s New Licensable Images Features Are Officially Out!
- Facebook will let people claim ownership of images and issue takedown requests